What is Necessary to Address Flood Damage Incidents?
For Thorough Flood Removal from Glendale Properties, Call SERVPRO
In the Verdugo Mountains region of Los Angeles County lies Glendale City, with a population estimated slightly over 200,000 in 2019. It is famous for many things, including the magnificent Spanish architecture and the extensive collection of Craftsman homes built at the beginning of the 20th century up to around 1925.
The Craftsman approach was an alternative to the prior Victorian homes, which featured over every section's top details. The Victorian homes mostly utilized mass-produced materials while the Craftsman buildings relied on hand-worked goods. The proponents of the approach felt that relying heavily on mass production devalued human labor. Most of the Craftsman homes in Glendale were demolished after World War II to pave the way for apartment complexes. The Glendale Historical Society helps with the preservation of the remaining Craftsman homes, including organizing tours to some of the outstanding ones such as:
- The 1902 Harris House
- Dora Verdugo House constructed in 1911
- The 1908 Arts and Crafts Tatum House
- Worley House built in 1914
Natural disasters, such as the Great Flooding at the end of 1933 and early 1934, sending water and mud over the steep slopes of San Gabriels, damaged several properties.
Remarkable Attractions near Glendale
Whether visiting or living in Glendale, there are several places in the area worth visiting to spend some quality time. There are both indoor and outdoor attractions, including:
- Autry Museum of the American West- The museum established in 1988 is focused on telling the story of states in the American West, which cover more than half of the land in the contiguous United States. The region is highly diverse geographically. The museum holds a diverse collection of exhibits and hosts events such as lectures, music recitals, and film festivals to promote the region's history.
- Raffi's Place- In Glendale, it is estimated that one in every four residents is of Armenian descent. Therefore, visitors can enjoy a wide variety of Armenian dishes. Raffi's Place is one of the renowned eateries which serves dishes such as skewers of spicy beef and Luleh Kebabs.
- Verdugo Park- The park lies close to the Verdugo Mountains and is also the city's largest park. Locals love it because it offers various resources for multiple activities, including basketball courts, baseball fields, a skate park, and horseshoe courts. The park has picnic areas, too, for anyone looking for a place to relax or enjoy the California sun.
What Does SERVPRO Do to Address Flood Damage in Properties Effectively?
Flooding incidents involve various problems, including deep soiling of contents and surfaces in properties and physical damage to the affected materials. Therefore, addressing the damage to restore the preloss state requires several distinctive processes. SERVPRO teams are made up of different professionals who work together to handle all the problems that arise effectively. Our typical restoration team is made up of:
- Water Damage Restoration Technicians
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
Each flooding incident is usually unique, so evaluation is necessary before embarking on the restoration. Our SERVPRO teams rely on their extensive experience and sophisticated equipment to evaluate crucial issues, including moisture migration, contamination, and material deterioration.
Call SERVPRO of Eagle Rock / South Glendale at (323) 255-1000 to help with cleanup and other flood damage restoration processes.