How Can Business Owners Mitigate Flood Damage Before Remediators Arrive?
Glendale Business Owners Can Do a Few Simple Things to Mitigate Flood Damage After a Flooding Event Occurs.
Glendale commercial establishments sometimes experience flood-related issues during the rainy winter months. Although this flooding generally requires professional assistance, there are some important tasks owners can do to limit their losses.
SERVPRO, a Glendale flood damage remediator, offers local restaurant and shop owners some useful tips for mitigating the potential problems associated with flooding. Some of our suggestions for doing this include:
- Avoiding using your business’ electricity until its electrical network has been inspected and deemed safe to use
- Disconnecting and relocating electrical appliances that could be damaged by excessive moisture levels
- Staying out of areas of your commercial structure that may have compromised floors and ceilings that could collapse
- Removing all non-impacted valuables and expensive artworks to a dry, safe location
- Opening windows and doors to dissipate foul odors and facilitate the drying process.
In taking all of these measures, business owners can often limit the overall severity of the flood damage they ultimately suffer. Moreover, these simple steps help technicians complete their work more easily once they arrive.
How, Exactly, Does Following These Suggestions Limit My Losses?
Flood-damaged properties are a virtual minefield of hazards. SERVPRO’s aforementioned recommendations help you avoid the most serious issues that can occur after flooding. As you can imagine, electrical hazards are of greatest concern. You can prevent accidental electrocutions, further electrical network damage, and harm to electric-using devices simply by leaving the electric off and relocating moisture-sensitive appliances. In remaining out of structurally compromised rooms, you avoid injury and make restoration efforts easier. When you remove non-impacted valuables from your business, you preserve those items and reduce the number of objects SERVPRO technicians have to be concerned with protecting.
With that said, remember SERVPRO of Eagle Rock/South Glendale is always here to help. Call us anytime at (323) 255-1000.