How Can Glendale Properties Avoid Damage after Water Intrusion
Hiring a Professional Water Damage Restoration Service Can Mitigate Losses. SERVPRO is Available for Residents of Glendale.
What does water restoration cover?
When water intrudes into your Glendale property, it can make the structure, structural components, and contents unsanitary. A lot of water loss recovery is achievable through targeted cleaning. Typical areas to focus the cleaning effort are walls, subfloors, and other restorable materials in the home. SERVPRO technicians are trained to recognize and implement effective cleaning strategies for a variety of materials commonly found in a household. We use both professional products and advanced cleaning equipment to return your home to a good, sanitary condition following a water intrusion event. Our focus is providing a speedy resolution to your water emergency.
Are carpets badly affected by water intrusions?
When performing water damage restoration in your Glendale home, our technicians' primary focus is to return the property to a sanitary state. Even a small amount of water on a carpet may require cleaning of the entire component. Tiny micro-organisms can spread undetected, which is why we offer a comprehensive cleaning strategy to combat potential secondary damages from mold, bacteria, or viruses. Cleaning and deodorizing a carpet can vary in both methodology and products depending on the types of damage and the types of fiber in the carpet construction. Where possible, SERVPRO technicians clean carpets in line with manufacturer instructions to minimize the potential for further losses. If manufacturer guidelines are not available, we can use our extensive materials and fiber knowledge to put in place an appropriate strategy using sensitive cleaning products to avoid causing harm.
How do carpet water damages differ?
• Inspect the carpet to determine whether dirt or soils are on the tips of fibers or pushed down to the roots as this can influence cleaning strategy
• Check whether fibers have become matted, which can result from foot traffic over the affected area. Carpets are up to 50% weaker when wet.
• Touch the carpet fibers to see whether they are sticky or stiff, as these can influence the aggressiveness of a cleaning approach.
What types of cleaning are useful for carpets?
There is a range of cleaning methodologies and strategies when it comes to restoration. We stock our vans with a full range of carpet cleaning products, as this can often be an area of damage where the most soiling occurs due to water intrusion. We may bring typical products to a job site that are carpet shampoos, preconditioners, and rinsing agents. Our equipment can vary from standard hot water extractors that use vacuums and heating elements to rotary machines and, in some cases, rotary jet extractors. This equipment can help return a carpet to its preloss condition without resorting to sourcing a replacement. We may also stock replacement carpet pads in case water migrates toward the subfloor.
What types of cleaning are used for water intrusion?
• Light soiling may require a hot water extraction followed by shampooing and bonnet cleaning.
• Medium levels of soiling may require implementing a deluxe preconditioning and rinsing agent on top of extraction and shampoo.
• Heavy soiling with long-term exposure requires both of the above and a rotary jet extractor and showcase cleaning strategy.
Do water restoration technicians fix contents?
Contents cleaning is a vital part of our services. There may be apparent materials that need to be cleaned, such as direct liquid exposure from the water intrusion event. However, it is crucial to evaluate contents within the structure at large. Certain items, like wood furnishes, can become soiled due to high humidity in the property. We can clean or polish these materials and identify any other clothes, fabrics, photographs, and hangings. Usually, we can store these contents on-site or send some of them for wet and dry cleaning services. Clothes can often be machine washed and deodorized in large quantities to return them to a preloss condition. SERVPRO pay special attention to high-value items like pianos, artwork, or electronics to ensure losses are kept under control.
What do the contents cleaning cover?
• Furnishings in the home as well as upholstery and draperies that may be adversely affected by a water intrusion event
• Individual items which include a wide variety from clothing to crockery and ornaments
• We endeavor to return your contents to their original position in the home after performing cleaning services to make water intrusion, “Like it never even happened.”
When water intrusion occurs, it can lead to unsanitary conditions. Water harms structure, structural components, and the contents of your home. To ensure a full recovery, you can contact SERVPRO of Eagle Rock / South Glendale at (323) 255-1000.