Why Do I Need Licensed Mold Remediators to Handle a Minor Eagle Rock Mold Outbreak?
Mold Remediation Can Be Tricky; SERVPRO’s Highly Trained Technicians Are Well-Suited to Abate Unexpected Complications in Your Eagle Rock Home
When you notice evidence of mold in your Eagle Rock abode, it might seem easy. Brush off the feathery growth of mold organisms, spray the surface with a bleach solution, and feel good to go.
The Mold Keeps Coming Back! What Can I Do?
Unfortunately, mold remediation in Eagle Rock often encounters abrupt setbacks for the do-it-yourselfer. Understanding the life cycles of the roughly 100,000 identified fungi that can infest a home clarifies why remediation professionals obtain superior and more long-lasting results in circumstances where the mold growth is more pervasive than initially feared.
- Mold spores exist everywhere in the environment, both indoors and outdoors.
- Until mold spores encounter water, they cause little harm to structures.
- Mold spores awaken and begin to multiply, given time (24 to 48 hours) and exposure to moisture. Their hyphae (roots) infiltrate porous building materials containing organic substances such as drywall (cellulose).
What Does Professional Mold Remediation Do Differently?
Certified and licensed mold remediators follow research-based protocols from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), why SERVPRO crews are confident in their efforts. We look past the surface mold damage, seeking current or old water damage that fueled the mold outbreak, even behind walls or other cavities. Mold needs only water and oxygen to thrive. Our plan for remediation always includes:
- Containment of the area -- often with 1.6 polyethylene wrap and air scrubbing equipment to seal edges and force airborne debris through HEPA filters
- Removal of mold and irreparably damaged building materials -- using brushing, scraping, and controlled abrasion of some porous surfaces with soda or another type of blasting, removing the colonies and incapacitating deeply entwined hyphae
- Vacuuming and wiping down surfaces to remove traces of mold residues
- Application of EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit a rapid rebound
- Arrangement for water loss elimination
Our trained and licensed mold remediation crews are why SERVPRO of Eagle Rock / South Glendale is uniquely qualified to help you with any size fungal infestation. Call us at (323) 255-1000 for a consultation.
More about Eagle Rock.
Mold Remediation: CMRC-82464