How Long Does It Take to Restore a Glendale Home After a Fire?
Calling in Trained Technicians from SERVPRO to Your Glendale Home Gets the Fire Restoration Accomplished Faster
Acting fast after you suffer a fire loss in your home is the best way to ensure the cleanup gets underway. The faster that you call in a restoration team to handle the damage, the easier it is to minimize the loss. SERVPRO has the skilled technicians and all of the equipment necessary to address the devastation in your Glendale home. You must not have only a rapid cleanup of all charred debris throughout your interior, but also moisture detection to pick up any areas where water is present from extinguishing the flames. We are Faster To Any Size Disaster, and we have crews available 24/7 for emergency service.
When Can Restoration Begin?
Once you have a fire in your home and first responders extinguish the fire, you can give our team a call to set a crew in motion to help with fire restoration in Glendale. After the emergency crew on the scene tells us that your home is safe to enter, we can begin the assessment phase. Our crew chief takes a look at the interior, inspects structural elements, and takes note of the damage. This allows us to formulate a detailed plan of action on how to proceed, including the right equipment for the job. Early mitigation is best to cut down on the onset of secondary damage, which then reduces the costs.
What Does Professional Fire Restoration Mean?
We are available for total fire damage cleanup and restoration of your interior in Glendale. Once our crew finishes all phases of the project, your home will be “Like it never even happened.” We take the time to address any areas where soot and smoke residue settled, including tight cracks and crevices. All debris and charred building materials get removed so that we can start in on the restoration and replacement phases. We always work as efficiently as possible while using all of our resources, such as:
- Removal of any personal belongings in the fire-loss zone with our pack-out services. Items get relocated where they get cleaned carefully by our trained restoration team.
- We handle the removal of soot from each surface to inhibit corrosion and further damage.
- We assign technicians to each job, including cleaning the walls, ceilings, and other surface areas.
- All of the structural elements of your building are scrutinized to ensure safety.
- If any foul odors from smoke penetrated the wall cavities, we could also remove a couple of inches of your insulation to replace them with fresh insulation.
How is Professional Restoration Different from Traditional Cleaning Methods?
Even with your best efforts, it is challenging to remove the charred mess and stubborn odors that a fire incident leaves behind. We always suggest calling in the help of our IICRC-certified technicians for a variety of reasons, such as:
- With the amount of water or chemicals that first responders used to put out the fire, particular caution must be taken. We utilize expert extraction techniques with our equipment and tools that help speed up the process.
- There can be toxic debris and residue left with any fire loss. Because of this, our team wears personal protective equipment (PPE) so that we can manage the job safely.
- Professional assessment is required for various structural elements of your home. We take a look at the ceilings, walls, and supports to determine stability and safety.
- The equipment, methods, and techniques that we use to address the buildup of soot depend on the surfaces and materials impacted. We follow standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) on each fire loss we get called to.
- We clean and deodorize your interior to wrap up the job with the help of EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning agents.
Will There Be Lingering Odors?
Many homeowners say that one of the worst areas to tackle after a fire incident is the foul smell that the soot and smoke residue leaves behind. The odor left from the burnt materials can travel throughout your ventilation system. We have a variety of methods to address odors to ensure your interior is free of any reminders of the fire, including:
- Sealants for use on your walls as well as your HVAC system
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers
- Hydroxyl generators
Not all of the deodorizers that we have in a liquid form get disbursed through a fogger or mister. We also have products that can be added to cleaning mixes for items that we are restoring by hand. If some of the odors in your home are tougher than others, they may require overnight treatment with solvent-based mixtures.
You can count on us at SERVPRO of Eagle Rock/South Glendale to handle your fire restoration needs. If you would like to have a crew deployed to your location, give us a call at (323) 255-1000.