We Get You Back In Business In Eagle Rock After A Fire
How Long Will It Take to Clean Up the Fire Damage in My Bakery Kitchen?
SERVPRO Helps Cut Down Restoration Times for Commercial Kitchens in Eagle Rock
The damage from a fire within a commercial property often lingers for a long time, even after it is extinguished. Such destruction not only leaves behind copious amounts of debris, but the smoke and soot residue is tough to eliminate with DIY techniques alone. Calling in the help of skilled technicians with restoration training ensures your business is back up and running faster.
How Do You Determine What Items are Odor Damaged?
After you suffer a loss from commercial fire damage your bakery kitchen in Eagle Rock, particular objects are more susceptible to harm from smoke and soot, including:
- Cooking Equipment
- Dry goods inventory
The longer that these and other porous materials are left without detailed cleaning, the more likely they are to hold onto lingering odors. Some of the items within your bakery kitchen may also have to undergo a full sanitizing to be deemed safe to use once again.
Why Does a Kitchen Smell So Bad After a Fire?
Whenever a fire takes place in a kitchen, commercial or residential, SERVPRO often finds that the ignition fuel includes grease, oils, and food items. The concentration of proteins and fats found within your commercial bakery kitchen leaves an oily mist that leaves a film over everything. The heat from the fire makes the grease and oil melt to the point that they dehydrate. Once this happens, they become rancid and produce a sticky, rotten smell that adheres to your cabinetry, ceilings, walls, and appliances throughout the space. Air currents often carry these foul odors from the kitchen out into the front of your bakery or the seating area.
We Move Quickly to Get It Fixed
Once our team is called out for fire damage restoration in Eagle Rock, we work fast to assess the damage to start a plan for repair. This professional inspection of your fire and smoke damage is critical during the initial phase so that our technicians have the proper equipment and cleaning products ready to go for the job. After the inspection, our restoration specialists start in on the cleanup, which includes odor-removing tools such as:
• Industrial Air Scrubbers – These are portable filtration systems that allow us to remove gasses, particles, and chemicals from the air within your bakery kitchen. It works by drawing in air from the room where it goes through a variety of filters to remove dangerous particles
• Fogging Equipment – This equipment helps disperse substantial amounts of a dense, solvent-based fog into confined areas. These tiny fog particles include a deodorant solution that attaches to odor-causing particles to neutralize them.
• Ozone Treatments – An ozone generator works by chemically changing up the structure for molecules of odor-causing smoke. This process of oxidation helps to remove odors that other cleaning techniques are unable to achieve.
How Soon Can I Get Back to Business as Usual in My Bakery Kitchen?
After your commercial space is thoroughly cleaned of all debris and smoke residue, it is then meticulously sanitized, and the replacement of removed materials begins. Our crew ensures your interior gets restored to exactly how it was before the fire. Some of the services that we offer include the following:
• Drywall repair or replacement
• Carpet installation
• Repainting of walls, and more
What Methods Do You Use to Restore My Bakery’s Interior?
Our skilled SERVPRO team is made up of Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technicians (FSRT) that know specialized techniques to restore your business entirely. Some of the methods that we use include:
• Wet Cleaning – Includes wiping down various surfaces with a sponge or cloth dampened with water or cleaning agents that help to remove sticky layers of soot.
• Dry Cleaning – This is a commonly used method, including dusting cloths, dry sponges, or feather dusters to clean areas like your glass display cases. In the event of dried layers of thick soot, vacuums are used to help bring up more significant particles.
• Other Methods – such as abrasive cleaning, foam cleaning, and immersion cleaning, may be required depending on the situation. Our technicians evaluate the interior to determine the best cleaning options to restore your bakery kitchen to like-new condition quickly.
SERVPRO has been providing fast, efficient fire damage recovery for Eagle Rock and the surrounding areas for years. We understand that every fire is different, so we take into consideration the burn source, burn time, and the temperatures involved in your bakery kitchen fire to determine the best way to proceed.
When you need prompt action to restore the fire damage, you can count on our trained technicians at SERVPRO of Eagle Rock/South Glendale. We can be reached 24/7 for emergency service by calling (323) 255-1000, and we make it “Like it never even happened.”
See more about Eagle Rock.