If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (323) 255-1000

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Damage 101

6/14/2016 (Permalink)

Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Eagle Rock take care of your Glendale electrical fire!

101 Info About Fire Damage 

Fire damage in Glendale can occur in a moment's notice resulting in substantial property damage and loss. Determining the extent of damage is critical to predicting the outcome of the fire clean up and restoration attempt. Identifying the source of the fire is necessary to understand what conditions were favorable to ignite the fire. Although there are numerous causes of an electrical fire, one of the most commonly overlooked causes is overloaded electrical receptacles.

There is a strong possibility that an electrical fire in Glendale can occur due to a combination of problems, such as an overloaded electrical receptacle with a malfunctioning appliance plugged into it. Overcrowded electrical outlets can overtax the electrical circuit and set the stage for an electrical fire. The most obvious sign of an overcrowded electrical outlet is an electrical receptacle that contains several dual, or triple outlet extenders plugged into the primary receptacle. Although this appears to be convenient to plug in multiple power cords, this increases the chances of an electrical fire. Perhaps the underlying issue surrounds the fact that the age of the home is incapable of keeping up with modern needs. Older construction adhered to the building codes that were current at that particular time. 

It is important to recognize the warning signs of a potential electrical fire in the Glendale home. If the electrical outlets appear to be emitting what feels like heat, this is a sign of a probably overloaded circuit. Anytime the outlets feel hot to the touch; the outlet is more than likely overloaded. Anytime that you smell a burning smell from the outlet, immediately unplug power cords from it and do not use it. The electrical wiring is situated behind outlet boxes in the wall, and the wiring runs behind walls. There is a significant chance that an electrical fire can lead to a house fire for these reasons. 

A related concern that may predisposition the home to an electrical fire is observing flickering lights or noticing that the lights appear to be dimmer than usual. This is a problem because homeowners may confuse this with a light bulb getting ready to burn out. While this also resembles the signs that a light bulb may be reaching its maximum capacity, it is important to monitor this to ensure electrical safety. Homeowners should never make assumptions when it comes to electrical safety and the safety of those who reside within the home. 

Locally Owned Company with National Resources

The possibilities of an electrical fire are serious concerns that must be dealt with in an urgent matter. In the event of an electrical fire, contact our team of professionals at SERVPRO of Eagle Rock at (818) 244-6005. Our team will bring their wealth of knowledge, experience, and leadership to your home. 

Other News

View Recent Posts