Space Heaters Can Cause Significant Fire Damage Issues In Your Glendale Home!
A Malfunctioning Space Heater Can Cause Fire Damage In Your Glendale Home
Faulty space heaters can become a severe fire damage hazard when left unattended inside of your home. As the temperature drops and homes become chillier, many people seek out space heaters to keep a drafty section of their house warm. Your living room is wide open and quite chilly during the winter, so plugging in your old heater seemed rather harmless. However, the damaged cord of your appliance caused a fire to break out while you worked in your home office. The heavy curtains covering the window behind the heater burnt up and soot covered the armchair.
While the flames may have been relatively easy to put out with the extinguisher that you keep inside of your home, it is unwise not to call for help remediating the fire damage inside your Glendale home. Putting out the fire is only the first step of fixing the problem. The soot, smoke, and grime that is left behind by fire are also capable of causing damage to the structure and your belongings. Calling for professional help as soon as possible can help ensure that the fire damage inside of your home is remediated smoothly.
SERVPRO always strives to get to your home in a timely fashion. As soon as we receive your call, we begin to assemble a team and then leave our facility as soon as possible. We understand that the faster fire damage is seen to, the better it is for the remediation process.
SERVPRO can start with cleaning up the leftovers of burnt fabric left behind by your curtains. Once the remainder of the curtains is removed, our team of IICRC-certified technicians can begin to clean the greasy soot off the wall and your armchair. We can use a lubricative-solution to spray onto the soot, breaking down the surface grime and lifting it from the paint below. Your armchair can be deep-cleaned with a solution used for fabric.
Once the soot is gone, the only task left for SERVPRO to attend to is the foul odor. Our technicians can use a thermal fogger to rid your home of the scent that fire leaves behind. Once the particles are neutralized, you can return to your home as if it was in its preloss state.
If a fire occurs and causes damage, minor or extensive, don't hesitate to get help. Phone SERVPRO of Eagle Rock / South Glendale by calling (818) 244-6005. Our technicians are ready to help you!
Click here for more about Glendale.