Garage Smoke & Fire Damage in Northeast Los Angeles
The gas water heater in the garage malfunctioned and caused a large amount of smoke and soot to be formed. The residue on the walls and ceiling was widespread; fortunately, it was a dry smoke. The SERVPRO technicians that did the restoration wiped down the hard surfaces with special dry sponges and then used a detergent to square it up nicely. We pulled down the access door and deodorized the attic space and mopped the epoxy finished garage flooring. A light thermal fogging restored the freshness of the air in this enclosed space. The other step in this smoke damage restoration was cleaning the exterior and interior of the car. We left a short time later, and the homeowner said he felt "Like it never even happened."